Maropost is no longer Toronto’s best kept secret. We're officially on the map after earning recognition from industry analysts and growth indices—including the #4 spot on the Deloitte Fast50 and the #3 spot on the Canadian PROFIT500.
This job is a unique opportunity to get in on the ground floor of one of Canada’s fastest growing (and most disruptive) SaaS companies. Our innovative marketing and sales platforms are already being adopted by some of the world’s biggest brands—like Mercedes-Benz, New York Post, and Rolling Stone—and the list keeps growing.
As an Accounting Analyst, you'll be reporting directly to the VP, Finance.
If you're passionate about being an integral part of a growing finance team, want to work with other brilliant people, and are eager to learn along the way, Maropost is the place for you.
What you will be doing:
- You will complete bank reconciliations
- You will reconcile balance sheet GL accounts, ensure investigation, follow-up on correction of variances
- You will actively participate in the month end closing processes and finalize entries
- You will manage intercompany transactions and reconcile intercompany accounts
- You will generate ad hoc reports for financial close and analysis of financial trends
- You will manage and post all required cost accruals, to ensure cost completeness
- You will ensure compliance with established internal controls & participate in process improvement initiatives
- You will assist in year end audit work and all year end processes
What you bring to the table:
- You have 1-2 years work experience working within a finance team
- Preferably, you are working towards your CPA
- Familiarity with NetSuite preferred, but not required
- You are an analytical thinker who is flexible, resilient and resourceful
- Your incredible attention to detail is scary to others
- You are notorious for your high drive, work ethic and metric orientation
- You have a passion for technology and startup environment
- You thrive under pressure - if you aren’t juggling 10 things, the day is too boring for you
- You love excel, best thing Microsoft ever made
- You are an excellent communicator, listening actively and approaching all challenges with curiosity and solution focus
- You are a team player and can work in a team to accomplish shared goals
Some reasons you want to work here:
- Incredible and inspiring teammates
- Top of the line tech
- Stocked kitchen with tons of snacks and fresh fruit
- Great benefits with League, to cover everything from dental appointments to mindfulness apps
- Office events like bowling nights, foosball tournaments, and beer pong, for after-hours fun
Some reasons this may not be the place for you:
- We work hard and play hard. This is not a 9:00-5:00 environment, our goals and our growth can’t be contained to regular business hours
- We focus on results, we reward and promote quickly. We have no place for mediocrity or jerks
- We move and change quickly, if you prefer security and stability over challenge you will not enjoy it here
Maropost welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.