Maropost is no longer Toronto’s best kept secret. We're officially on the map after earning recognition from industry analysts and growth indices—including the #4 spot on the Deloitte Fast50 and the #3 spot on the Canadian PROFIT500.
This job is a unique opportunity to get in on the ground floor of one of Canada’s fastest growing (and most disruptive) SaaS companies. Our innovative marketing and sales platforms are already being adopted by some of the world’s biggest brands—like Mercedes-Benz, New York Post, and Rolling Stone—and the list keeps growing.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, experienced HR Director to join our team. The Human Resources Director reports to CFO/COO and is a key team member responsible for leading recruitment and onboarding plans, benefits and wellness, compensation, employee relations and legislation compliance.
What you will be doing:
- You will plan, develop, and implement a targeted recruiting strategies aligned to the company growth plans with key roles such as SaaS Account Executives, Client Success and Marketing roles
- You will conduct full cycle recruitment responsibilities from creation of job descriptions, advertising roles, screening and interviews candidates, reference checks and job offers.
- You will oversee the company onboarding process, ensuring employees are set up for success, and coordinates with department leaders to institute training programs
- You will develop, implement and manag all HR policies and procedures globally
- You will design workplace policies and training modules to ensur adherence to legal and regulatory standards including but not limited to Employment Standards and Health and Safety Design (E.G. AODA, On-Boarding, Violence, Bullying & Harassment, Pay Equity)
- You will work with department leaders to determine compensation strategies for team members, initiate and oversee the yearly compensation review cycle
- Implement annual performance review and career development process and support leaders and employees during the process
- You will provide advice, interpretation, coaching and guidance to managers and employees on employee relations, policy application and strategic development
- You will conduct the exit interview process, capturing key reasons employees are leaving the organization, and builds plans to address
- You will plan and prepare communication material related to HR programs and company initiatives as required
- You will administer company benefit programs, negotiate annual renewals and communication strategies aligned to benefits and total compensation practices
- You will keep abreast of risk management issues and implements change management initiatives as required
- You will coach leaders and employees on employee relations, employment law interpretation, complaints, investigations, risk reduction and response management, employee performance, leadership development, pay and benefits, conflict resolution, absenteeism management, performance management, progressive discipline, HR documentation and terminations
- You will work with remote office and supervise HR team to ensure compliance and practices are globally aligned
What you bring to the table:
- You have a degree in Human resources or related field and 5+ years Human Resource Management Experience
- CHRL completion or in progress is an asset
- You are experience with full cycle of technology and sales recruitment processes and on-boarding
- You are experience with Microsoft Office Suite, HRIS and Benefit Portals
- You have outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- You have Business Partner experience to coach, recommend and advise as required
- You have a proven ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- You have strong HR project management experience including designing, training and rolling out new programs
- You are detail oriented, results focused and able to manage priorities as well as confidentiality
- You have a strong passion for success in a highly entrepreneurial environment
Couple of reasons you might want to work here:
- Teammates who take their work seriously, but not themselves
- The latest tech that Apple has to offer
- A kitchen full of fresh fruits, vegetables, and other healthy food to fuel your work
- Great benefits with League, to cover everything from dental appointments to mindfulness apps
- Office events like bowling nights, foosball tournaments, and beer pong, for after-hours fun
Couple of reasons this may not be the place for you:
- We work as hard as we play. Maropost is goal and growth-focused—we work until the job is done (and then some)
- We focus on results—rewarding and promoting quickly. We never settle for less than excellence or less than excellent people
- We’re always growing and changing—if you’re looking for a predictable environment, where every day is the same, this isn’t the job for you
Maropost welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.