Maropost is no longer Toronto’s best kept secret. We're officially on the map after earning recognition from industry analysts and growth indices—including the #4 spot on the Deloitte Fast50 and the #3 spot on the Canadian PROFIT500.
This job is a unique opportunity to get in on the ground floor of one of Canada’s fastest growing (and most disruptive) SaaS companies. Our innovative marketing and sales platforms are already being adopted by some of the world’s biggest brands—like Mercedes-Benz, New York Post, and Rolling Stone—and the list keeps growing.
As the Director of Sales, you report to directly to the CEO. You are hungry, ambitious and tenacious. You are ‘on’ 24/7, ready to impress your clients, and do whatever it takes to close the deal. This is a strategic role expected to demonstrate ownership in building the business through a period of rapid growth. Most importantly, you have a strong track record of exceeding aggressive direct sales targets and leading a team to do the same. This role is focused on the sales development of our new product. It is going to take a lot of passion and effort but it will all be worth it to achieve our goals for success.
What You’re Going to be Doing:
- Owning sales of a new product and building the business in a period of rapid growth
- Defining strategy, identifying key targets, and relentlessly executing a tactical plan to rapidly gain traction, build pipeline and secure new business
- Mastering the product and the market, providing competitive insights and intelligence to identify challenges and opportunities
- Achieving and exceeding sales targets with the goal of maximizing subscription revenue of the new Maropost platform
- Conducting thorough discovery, qualify needs and strategically proving the value of Maropost platforms
- Developing great proposals and delivering strategic presentations
- Preparing sales forecasts, status reports, and recommendations to enhance revenue potential
- Creating and maintaining detailed and accurate opportunity plans, while updating and communicating them on a regular basis to the CEO
What You Bring to the Table:
- You have 5-7 years of successful SaaS sales experience owning the full sales cycle and directly selling a new product
- You have a proven track record of achieving and exceeding revenue targets and developing the business to new levels of success
- You are notorious for your high drive, work ethic and metric orientation
- You are a hunter and closer with outstanding customer referrals and exceptional skills in prospecting, qualifying, developing and closing business
- You are a leader who aggressively embraces personal ownership of goals and objectives and inspires your team to do the same
- You take charge in negotiations and you don’t cave under pressure
- You are an exceptional communicator, listen actively, and approach challenges with curiosity and solution focus
Couple of reasons you might want to work here:
- Teammates who take their work seriously, but not themselves
- The latest tech that Apple has to offer
- A kitchen full of fresh fruits, vegetables, and other healthy food to fuel your work
- Great benefits with League, to cover everything from dental appointments to mindfulness apps
- Office events like bowling nights, foosball tournaments, and beer pong, for after-hours fun
Couple of reasons this may not be the place for you:
- We work as hard as we play. Maropost is goal and growth-focused—we work until the job is done (and then some)
- We focus on results—rewarding and promoting quickly. We never settle for less than excellence or less than excellent people
- We’re always growing and changing—if you’re looking for a predictable environment, where every day is the same, this isn’t the job for you
At Maropost, we are completely reinventing the industry with powerful, in-house built platforms and operate at a fast, results-driven pace. You will need thrive in an environment filled with competition and collaboration. This is your chance to be part of something great, if you have the drive, determination and tenacity to help us get there.
Maropost welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.