Maropost is looking for an experienced Lead Product Designer to join our growing product team and serve as the expert advocate for the ideal user experience. If you choose to accept, your mission will be to lead our team of Product Designers to create world-class user experiences that implement the latest reusable UI frameworks.
We are seeking candidates who have a demonstrated understanding of the design process. Maropost is built on providing customers advanced technology that is simple, easy, and enjoyable to use. Our Lead Product Designer should live and breathe this key value. Ideal candidates are relentlessly customer-centric, have a keen eye for design, have mastered the balance between functionality and aesthetics, and have the ability to coach others.
Over the first three months, this candidate should develop knowledge of our business, research and analyze Maropost’s existing software products and visual brand.
- Lead the design for Maropost’s unified Customer Engagement platform. This role is a combination of hands-on work taking responsibility for key projects, as well as guiding our team of Product Designers to deliver a best-in-class user experience for our entire product portfolio.
- Collaborate with Front-End Developers, using Buefy/Bulma UI components to build visually stunning and highly intuitive user experiences of our software platform.
- Design high quality visual interfaces and assets, keeping in mind different browsers/OSes/resolutions.
- Drive designs to a successful implementation working closely with software developers throughout the process.
- Plan and collaboratively prioritize strategic and tactical design work, working across the UX, Product Management and Software Development teams as well as key leaders across the organization.
- Participate in strategic discovery, discussions, and decisions about design and technology platforms, options and alternative solutions.
- Maintain and develop the platform’s user interface style guide and other design guidelines.
- Inspire and mentor other Product Designers on the team.
What You'll Need to Bring to Maropost
- 5+ years of SaaS product design experience. Experience with designing B2B software or especially complex systems is highly desired.
- 2+ years of UX leadership experience. While this could be fulfilled by leading a team of UX professionals, it could also be through being the lead designer for a medium/large team or project.
- A masterpiece portfolio that showcases your user experience expertise, artistic sensitivities, and ability to manage complex data.
- You are passionate about delivering world-class user experiences with an artistic touch.
- You have an exceptionally creative eye for design and know how to make data screens and dashboards look eye-catching and easy to use.
- You have experience with Buefy, Bulma, and Bootstrap and have extensively applied these UI components in your product designs.
- You are familiar with Sketch and Invision.
- You enjoy being the subject matter expert in how are our clients are using our product and a have macro view of what we could do to make them more efficient and successful.
- You have consistently demonstrated the ability to research UI patterns and their pros/cons depending on context of use.
- You are comfortable leading the discussion on different kinds of standards approaches such as style guides, component libraries and web standards.
- You must be a natural collaborator who is excited to work with Product Management, Software Development, Customer Success and other teams around the company to build solutions that meet the needs of our customers.
- You will be leading our design practice and mentor UX team members on their work. You’ll be central to our roadmap and feature development conversations.
- You can communicate clearly and effectively with Agile teams in all stages of design and development.
Individuals seeking employment at Maropost are considered without regards to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or veteran status. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.