Marketing - Intermediate-Senior Front-end Developer
Maropost is no longer Toronto’s best kept secret. We're officially on the map after earning recognition from industry analysts and growth indices—including the #4 spot on the Deloitte Fast50 and the #3 spot on the Canadian PROFIT500.
Maropost is seeking a front-end developer who is passionate about building well designed, high quality websites that focus on providing great user experience. The candidate will assist the team in maintaining company standards and developing websites for the company’s new brand. This is a full-time position based in our Toronto office.
This job is a unique opportunity to get in on the ground floor of one of Canada’s fastest growing (and most disruptive) SaaS companies. Our innovative marketing and sales platforms are already being adopted by some of the world’s biggest brands—like Mercedes-Benz, New York Post, and Rolling Stone—and the list keeps growing.
If you're passionate about Front-end Web Development, want to work with other brilliant people, and are eager to learn along the way, Maropost is the place for you. Along with your resume and cover letter, please provide a link to your portfolio and/or github.
· BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field or relevant experience
· Build and ship code in an automated, repeatable and agile cadence
· Have advanced knowledge and experience with WordPress, custom themes, multisite setup and plugins such as Advanced Custom Fields, Yoast SEO, Custom Script Integration
· Proficient in working with PHP, Vagrant, Gulp, Sass and Bootstrap
· Able to plan, architect and optimize dynamic code that is easy to understand and maintain
· Participate in code reviews and design sessions
· Identify and address performance bottlenecks
· Translate wireframes, comps and design elements into pixel perfect functional digital products
· Knowledge of common browser debugging tools (IE, Chrome, Firefox and mobile Browsers) and responsive development
· Ability to write high-performance, reusable code for UI components
· Strong organizational and estimation skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
· Able to work under pressure and pivot if needed
· Work and communicate well with cross-functional teams
· Self-motivating and independent
· Digital Design
· Performance optimization tool experience
· Understanding of SEO and accessibility issues and how they relate to development
· Mobile Development
Couple of reasons you might want to work here:
Couple of reasons this may not be the place for you:
We focus on results—rewarding and promoting quickly. We never settle for less than excellence or less than excellent people
We’re always growing and changing—if you’re looking for a predictable environment, where every day is the same, this isn’t the job for you
Maropost welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.